The Little Engineer concept was developed with its foundation routed in the belief that education impacts society and that nurturing young minds is a lifelong investment. The Little Engineer, is an award-winning initiative and a unique platform that invests in young minds in order to unleash their full potential in science, technology, engineering and mathematics through proven hands-on learning activities. We aim high to prepare them for the challenging future, offering custom tailored activities and courses in robotics and programming to supplement traditional learning for students aged 11 to 18, in a friendly atmosphere. Using Abilix technology, the children are taught coding skills using simple graphical programming and complicated ‘C’ language.
The Little Engineer is expanding locally, regionally and globally to become a leader in delivering products, services and class solutions for schools in the STEM field; while exposing the largest numbers of children, teens and educators to the latest innovations and technological tools needed to excel in this broad field.
Program are available through :
- After school enrichment clubs
- Holiday camps
- School visits
- Scientific birthdays
- Train the trainer teachers’ workshop
The Airbus Little Engineer A380 Workshop
In July 2017, Stem mets partnered with Airbus Foundation, to implement the Airbus Little Engineer A380 workshop in Nigeria for children ages 10-16. Over 1200 participants learnt about the aviation industry, advanced robotics and also developed coding and programming skills using visual programming, The students learnt the following;
- Understood the basics and relevance of robotics in our life
- Identified the different parts of an airplane
- Understood the concept of lift force created by an airplane
- Understood and coded basic programs
- Appreciated the future potentials of the aviation industry
- Recognized their potential and nurtured their passion so they can contribute efficiently to the future of Airbus